|If your version is less then v 4.4, please find the installation manual.|
| NOTE: The WebSpellChecker.net application server should run on CGI capable web-server with enabled CGI handler.
For example for Ubuntu and Apache 2.4:
sudo a2enmod cgi
sudo service apache2 restart
|NOTE: Additional configuration is required for Linux enterprises with enabled SELinux|
To install the WebSpellChecker.net application you need to pass the following steps:
Please unpack content of the WSC_SCAYT.<VERSION>.tar.gz to your home directory, change your working directory to “WSC” and execute the following command:
sudo perl automated_install.pl
Then please specify hostname, protocol and the virtual directory to adjust network settings.
The following output illustrates that all network settings were successfully applied.
WebSpellChecker.net configuration should be included into the Apache server configuration:
- Select (1) to start Apache parameters auto detect.
- Press Enter to accept the auto detected parameters (if any) or enter your custom values.
|Note! For WebSpellChecker.net version less than 4.6.2 and Apache version more than 2.4 the application's configuration should be included manually.|
Please find the steps:
- Select (1) and put the /etc/apache2/conf-available path to Apache configuration
- After full installation do the following:
- Open the WebSpellChecker.net configs (conf-available directory) and add the following lines into the <Directory> block:
Require all granted
- Include the WebSpellChecker.net config files into conf-enabled directory as sym links using a2enconf command:
sudo a2enconf [name_of_config] So it will be: sudo a2enconf 1_proxy.conf sudo a2enconf 2_samples.conf sudo a2enconf 3_WebInterface.conf
- Restart the Apache 2.4 web server for the changes to take effect:
sudo service apache2 restart
During the following step you`ll be able to request license, apply it and restart the AppServer. Please note that you can apply license manually anytime you want by executing command.
Restarting of the Apache web server is mandatory operation. Expected downtime is a few seconds, so please restart the Apache in suitable time frame.
sudo sh <WebSpellChecker.net_Installation_Dir>/WSC/AppServer/requestLicense.sh
If you`d like to go ahead and apply license right away please proceed:
- Enter your name or your company on the “Please enter UserId” field.
- Copy generated License Request string
- Go to License Service
- Paste License Request string to appropriate field
- Copy ticket value from the received e-mail
- Paste into appropriate field on License Service form
- Submit request
- The e-mail with License Response string will be sent to your purchase email
- Copy the License Response
- Enter it in the line on the “Please enter license reply” field.
- The script displays the message “License confirmed” if the License Reply is correct.
WebSpellChecker requires its Application Server to be running.
After getting a license, you need to run the WebSpellChecker Application Server.
Automates set up is completed. Please test newly installed application as explained below:
- Try to access via browser http://<spellcheck_host>/spellcheck/script/ssrv.cgi?cmd=ver.
<spellcheck_host> is the web server where WebSpellChecker.net application is installed.
Application version should appear.
- Try to access via browser http://<spellcheck_host>/spellcheck/proxy/sproxy.<extension>?cmd=ver.
Where <extension> is the extension of your sproxy version and <spellcheck_host> is the web server where WebSpellChecker.net application is installed.
SProxy component version should appear.
- Try to access the WebSpellChecker.net default sample pages http://<spellcheck_host>/spellcheck/samples/ and check correct work of SCAYT and WSC samples.
Where <spellcheck_host> is the web server where WebSpellChecker.net application is installed.
Feel free to post any comments or suggestions to Technical support.
By default root access is required during the automated installation of the WebSpellChecker.net application as it needs to make changes to Apache configuration files, create some folders/directories, set privileged for these folders/directories.
However, you can try to install the WebSpellChecker.net application on Linux-based environment manually without root permissions using the instruction below:
- Please open downloaded archive which contains the WSC application and install.txt
- Open install.txt and perform manual installation according to instructions provided there.
Launch without root permissions:
3. Locate following shell scripts in the installation folder:
Please note that /opt directory is a default installation folder but yours can differ.
4. Open mentioned shell scripts and remove following strings:
if [ "$(id -u)" != "0" ]; then echo "This script must be run as root" 1>&2 exit 1 fi
In such a way you will disable forced launching of the WSC application with root permissions.