SpellChecker.net, PO Box 641697, Los Angeles, CA 90064 USA, Tel.: +1 (310) 362-0280
©1999-2013 SpellChecker.net, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Before the installation please review :
Request license ticket for the WebSpellChecker.net application using sign-up form.
Please go to the Linux installation page if you are going to install the WebSpellChecker.net application on the Linux platform.
If you already have the installation package just skip this step, otherwise:
- Please request installation package .
- Fill in all necessary fields, specify exact platform (x64 or x84) and request the installation package .
- Installation package with WebSpellChecker.net ticket will be sent to specified in the form e-mail.
- Follow the instructions in the setup window, selecting the options that are appropriate to your environment.
- During the installation, specify installation of the “Web Interface” and “Application Server” components. Installation of the “Sample” component is optional. This component provides sample Web pages that you can use for testing WebSpellChecker.
- Note! Installation of application for FCKEditor/CKEditor doesn't require sproxy.
- It is recommended that you install the Application Server as a service. To do this, select the “Install Application Server as service” check box.
You must use a combination of your user name, License Request string and a License Reply string to activate a license. The following procedure describes how to get the License Request and License Reply strings.
- To immediately request a license on completion of the installation, select “Run Application Server to request a license” check box on the last setup step. To postpone getting a license, clear this check box.
Note! You can open this dialog box at any time by selecting Start → WebSpellChecker → AppServer → Request license in Windows.
- Make sure that the “User name” box displays the same user name as the one for which the License Request string was generated.
- Enter your name or your company in the “User name” box. Your License Request string is generated and displayed in the “License Request” box.
- To receive License Response you need to submit the generated License Request string and license ticket received in the email on the Step 1 at license/license_request.pl. Your License Reply string will be automatically sent to you by e-mail. Use the License Reply string to activate your license.
- When you receive a License Reply string, enter it in the “License Reply” box in the “Licensing WebSpellChecker AppServer” dialog box.
- Click “OK, I have entered a valid license reply in the “License Reply” field”.
To check the spelling on Web sites, WebSpellChecker requires its Application Server service to be running.
The Application Server service is stopped after the installation if you still don't have a license for WebSpellChecker. After license is received you must restart the WebSpellChecker Application Server service by performing the following steps:
- Select “Start” → “Control Panel” → “Administrative Tools” → “Services” in Windows.
- Locate “WebSpell Application Server Service” in the list of services.
- Make sure the status of the service is “Stopped.”
- Click the “Start” button under the status.
Note: For information on running WebSpellChecker on Windows 2003 Server, see the instruction "How to run WebSpellChecker on Windows 2003 Server". For information on running WebSpellChecker on Windows 2008 Server, see the instruction "How to run WebSpellChecker on Windows 2008 Server".
CKEditor 3.0 has both WebSpellChecker.net products WSC and SCAYT embedded. You just need to change settings of the WebSpellChecker.net plug-in in your instance of CKEditor to start using it with licensed version instead of hosted. Review the instructions in the support section.
FCKeditor 2.6.4+ has WSC embedded. You just need to change settings of the WebSpellChecker.net plug-in in your instance of FCKeditor to start using it with licensed version instead of hosted. Review the instructions in the support section.
SCAYT is a part of FCKeditor starting from version 2.6.5. Please follow the migration instruction to migrate from hosted to licensed version of the WebSpellChecker.net application.
Please review samples Windows: Start –> All Programs –> WebSpellChecker –> Samples.
Note! Customers who require sproxy component can disable SSL certificate validation in sproxy.ini file. skip_ssl_certificate_checking=yes parameter should be uncommented.
Feel free to post any comments or suggestions to Technical support.