Before the installation please review :
Please note that the WebSpellChecker.net application server should run on CGI capable web-server (IIS or Apache based) with enabled CGI handler.
Request license ticket for the WebSpellChecker.net application using sign-up form.
Please go to the Linux installation page if you are going to install the WebSpellChecker.net application on the Linux platform.
If you already have the installation package just skip this step, otherwise:
- Please request installation package .
- Fill in all necessary fields, specify exact platform (x64 or x86) and request the installation package .
- Installation package with WebSpellChecker.net ticket will be sent to specified in the form e-mail.
Please find appropriate installation manual below:
- Follow the instructions in the setup window, selecting the options that are appropriate to your environment.
- During the installation, specify installation of the “Web Interface” and “Application Server” components. Installation of the “Sample” component is optional. This component provides sample Web pages that you can use for testing WebSpellChecker.
- It is recommended that you install the Application Server as a service. To do this, select the “Install Application Server as service” check box.
Note! To immediately request a license on completion of the installation, select “Run Application Server to request a license” check box on the last setup step during the installation. The "Licensing WebSpellChecker AppServer" window is opened.
To postpone getting a license, clear this check box.
You can open the dialog box to request a license at any time by selecting Start > WebSpellChecker > AppServer > Request license in Windows.
You must use a combination of the following three options to activate a license:
- Your user name or company name.
Just type the name in the 'User name:' box (see the screenshot below)
- License Request string.
The string is generated automaticatly after prevous step.
- License Reply string.
To receive License Response you need to submit the generated License Request string and license ticket received in the email on the Step 1 at license/license_request.pl.
Your License Reply string will be automatically sent to you by e-mail.
Input the License Reply string into corresponding license request box at license/license_request.pl
Click “OK, I have entered a valid license reply in the “License Reply” field”. The license is activated.
Start AppServer if it's needed.
To check the spelling, WebSpellChecker requires its Application Server service to be running.
The Application Server service is stopped after the installation if you still don't have a license for WebSpellChecker. After license is applied you should restart the AppServer.
Note: For information on running WebSpellChecker on Windows 2003 Server, see the instruction "How to run WebSpellChecker on Windows 2003 Server". For information on running WebSpellChecker on Windows 2008 Server, see the instruction "How to run WebSpellChecker on Windows 2008 Server".
In Order to Check Current Status of the WebSpellChecker.net Application Please Use the Following Links:
- http://your_host/spellcheck/samples/ - default samples
- http://your_host/spellcheck/script/ssrv.cgi?cmd=ver – version of the application
- http://your_host/spellcheck/script/ssrv.cgi?cmd=status – correct response is:
CKEditor 3.0 has both WebSpellChecker.net products WSC and SCAYT embedded. You just need to change settings of the WebSpellChecker.net plug-in in your instance of CKEditor to start using it with licensed version instead of hosted. Review the instructions in the support section.
FCKeditor 2.6.4+ has WSC embedded. You just need to change settings of the WebSpellChecker.net plug-in in your instance of FCKeditor to start using it with licensed version instead of hosted. Review the instructions in the support section.
SCAYT is a part of FCKeditor starting from version 2.6.5. Please follow the migration instruction to migrate from hosted to licensed version of the WebSpellChecker.net application.
Please review samples Windows: Start –> All Programs –> WebSpellChecker –> Samples.
Feel free to post any comments or suggestions to Technical support.